Published On: August 17, 2014
So you want to manage your email marketing campaign with precision and aplomb. The its time to get serious! Take a look at the following list of dos and donts.
- Get real with your subject line. (something better than My June Newsletter )
- Strike the right balance between images and text. (dont go heavy on either side)
- Brand more than just the from name. (you have your address and your title to work with)
- Focus above the fold. (more than half of all recipients use a horizontal preview window)
- Design for multiple display possibilities. (html, plain text and the no images displayed view)
- Do not send an email to people who didn’t ask for it. (stay legit)
- Do not utilize an invalid reply-to address. (keep it real)
- Do not send too often. (think 2-3 times a month, max)
- Do not forget to personalize your message. (send it to all the first names in your db)
- Do not forget to test. (thats why your email marketing account has the capability)
One more thought: A study by MarketingSerpa found that your audience will read more of an emails actual content, as long as there are graphics near the top of the email. Think about it people want to be drawn in. So think visually before you type.